Monday, March 3, 2014

Week 40


Hello!
Another week has come and gone...it's March...time is flying!!! Life is great here in Korea. It was transfer week, which are always a little different and take some adjusting, but it was good nonetheless. My new companion is Sister Lee and is is awesome. She is a very happy and positive person, which is so nice to be around. We are preparing to see miracles this transfer together. It is going to be good!
This week we met with investigators and visited a lot of members so that Sister Lee could introduce herself. I really love the members inthe ward that I am serving in. They are all super funny and kind. One of our goals for this transfer is to work with our members more and help to strengthen them as well. We visited the Relief Society president this week and talked about how we can help the ward. Our ward is going to combine with another ward next month, so that will be intersting. They are building a new huge stake center in our area that 4 wards are going to meet in and some of the wards are combining. I'm interested to see how they will distribute the missionaries and things like that. But I think it will be good to combine because there really aren't that many peope in our ward right now. It will be good for the youth to combine and things like that.
Last night we went to our ward mission leader's house for dinner and family home evening with our recent convert, ju eon. It was a lot of fun. We made and ate bibimbop together and then shared a message and played racko!!!! who knew that they would have racko it korea?! There were some mid singles that also came to fhe so that was fun to be with members and get to know them better.
It was sad to say goodbye to Sister Park. We had been together for almost 5 months. But we will see each other again in May when there is a mission conference for Elder Christofferson coming to our mission. Can't wait!!
Our investigors are doing well...there isn't anyone that is really ready/progressing to baptism right now, but a miracle is going to happen. I can feel it!
This week I was studying my missionary call letter and it said that as I humbly and prayerfully serve the Lord on my mission I will experiece more happiness than I have ever experienced before. That has proven to be true so far and I am working to serve more humbly and prayerfully. Prayer really is so powerful!
At our district meeting last week we had a testimony meeting since some people were being transfered. We talked about what each of us had learned in the time that we served together. I would say that the things I have leanrned especially over the past 3 transfers were love and the enabling power of the atonement. The atonement is real! And it allows us to change and progress and love others. So thankful.
I love you all!! Hope you have a great week!!
Love
Sister Livingston

No comments:

Post a Comment