Monday, March 17, 2014

Week 42

We found this cool bridge on our way home one night...so we had to take some pics :)





Hey there Fam Bam!!
 
Today the weather is beautiful here in South Korea and I am LOVING it!! It's amazing how much of an affect weather can have on you attitude :) We had another great and busy week here. I love being busy as a missionary. Right now we have 12 people that we are meeting with. They mostly all started out with English interest, but as we teach them about our church they have been very accepting and people are coming to church and progressing so that is exciting!!
 
There is a woman named hyeon sook that we have been meeting with since October and she is thinking about baptism! she came to church again yesterday and to the baptismal service that was after church for one of the Elder's investigators. She says that she will get baptized, but she hasn't picked a specific date yet. We are all praying about when she should get baptized. I am hoping that she will have the desire before the transfer ends because there is a good chance that I could transfer since I have been here for 4 transfers now. It's exciting to see her progress though! We went on splits this week and Sister Harless came to my area with me. Splits are always fun to work with other missionaries and see how they do missionary work.
 
Yesterday we went to a member's house for family home evening with our recent convert ju eon. And it was really good! We retaught the restoration lesson and the wife fed us a delicious dinner. The wife is a less active in our ward, the husband is not a member, but the daughter is very active. She is friends with ju eon, the recent convert, so it our lesson helped a lot of people I think.
 
On thursday we went to teach one of our new investigators. She is in her 30's and has a baby. She is super cute. She met with the missionaries a couple of years ago to learn english and wanted to do it again so she called. When we went to teach her this week her mother was there as well. Her mom is this little tiny grandma who was soooo cute! she just kept hugging us and holding our hand and feeding us food as we were teaching them the lessons. She was so thankful that we were helping her daughter. It was super cute. I love the little old grandmas in korea!
 
There was so kind of sad news this week. So our recent convert choi pa da got baptized at the beginning of february, but she still hasn't been able to reveive the gift of the holy ghost. She either came too late to church or not at all. And she hasn't been responding to us. But we called her on Wednesday and she said that her parents are against her coming to church and she is busy and probably won't be able to come back to church. I was pretty heart broken when I heard that. She will probably have to reveive the lessons and be baptized again if she wants to become a member because it has been too long since her baptism. Wednesday night was definitely a low point for me because I felt like I had failed and let everyone down. But the Lord blessed me with a reassuring feeling that He knows I am trying my best. I am thankful for the holy ghost who really is a comforter in times of need. Keep her in your prayers though!
 
I know that the Lord loves us and blessus with tender mercies to comfort us in times of need. I know that His atonement is real and through it we can progress and change and we can become the people that He wants us to become! He faced all that He did to give us the opportunity to become like Him. I love you all!!
 
Happy Saint Patricks Day!!
 
Happy anniversary mom and dad!!!
 
Love always,
Sister Livingston

No comments:

Post a Comment