Me and my new companion Sister Lee
We found this sweet mural and had to tak a picture...angel missionaries!!!
there is this delicious fish-shaped bread filled with sweet red beans that they sell on the street here. So good!!
Some investigators, kim mi oke and hong ga haye. I love these two! They are a mother and daughter and called to learn english, but really like our church as well. ga haye is moving though so it was our last time all together. mi oke will keep studying with us though. Also they are planning to move to canada this year and we plan to keep in touch and meet again when I get home ;) we ate the octopus soup that I sent a picture of at their house. So good :)
last night with Sister Park. We had to take a jumping picture in the church before she left haha :)
my district for the past 3 transfers...now there are new people. I love them!!!
one of our investigators, kim bo rim
Hi family!
We had another great week here in nongseong :) It was the first full week with my new companion and I just love serving with her more and more everyday. She is awesom! So thankful for her and her positive attitude. We have a lot of fun together singing and talking together when we don't have appointments and are walking outisde. It's fun haha.
This week we invited some of our investigators to be baptized, especially sister hyeon sook, who we have been meeting with since october. She is a referral from our ward mission leader and we've been meeting her for a long time. She has always been kind and listend to our messsage, but never seemed super interested or like she was going to do anything about it, but when we taught her this past week the spirit was really there in our lesson and she said that she would get baptized! She isn't sure on the date yet, but I felt like it was a miracle that she was so accepting of the idea of being baptized and that the spirit was there in our lesson. I have gained a strong testimony of reading the book of mormon with our investigators during the lesson. The Book of Mormon is exceptionally hard to understand in korean apparently. Everyone says that they can't understand it when they read it. But when we read it together in the lesson the spirit is always there and they are able to understand better. Even when they don't understand it, it has power. I love the Book of Mormon!
Another cool miracle that happened this week was that every week on Friday we have our weekly planning session. We always pray for a list of our members to see who we should visit that week or who is prepared to give us a referral. This week when we prayed both Sister Lee and I felt like we should visit Sister Jo in our ward. So we visited her last night and we were just talking with her family and then she brought up a lady that she was thinking of referring to the missionaries and we were like "that's exactly why we came here tonight!" And we told her about our experience of praying and thinking of her name. Then she took us right then to go meet the lady she wanted to refer. When we went to her hair shop though, she wasn't there. But we now have a referral from her and it was proof to all of us that God really does hear and answer our prayers.
Kim ju eon went to the temple this past weekend! woohoo!! she had gone to a young single adult activity that was in daejeon and met some good friends there and they invited her to go to the temple with them this past weekend. So this week we talked to her about the temple and she had an interview. I texted her yesterday and asked her about it and she said it was really good. Happy to see that she is still progressing so well :)
Glad to hear that you all are doing well! I can't wait for spring to get here!!! Also, I can't believe that I have already hit my 9 month mark....time is flying! So thankful for the things that I have learned so far on my mission. I've been trying to think about what I have learned so far and it all comes back to love. I've learned a lot about what chirstlike love is. Love is about sacrifice and when you really love someone you help them to reach their full potential...even when it hurts. That's what Heavenly Father did for His Son Jesus Christ. He helped Him reach His full potential as the Savior of the World, even though it wasn't easy for either of them. Heavnely Father loves us all so much and wants us to reach our full potential so He gives us experiences that help us to grow. And I love my Heavenly Father and Savior so much that I am learning that sacrifice is the best way to show that love to them. Love you all!!
Love
Sister Livingston
No comments:
Post a Comment