Sister an mee sook and two of her daughters
Splits with sis Matsen
cherry blossoms and the relief society women!!! I love those women!
Hey there!!
Apparently another week has already gone by haha...time is going so quickly! But life is good! This week we were really busy again with lots of appointments and the weather is beautiful now!! there are cherry blossoms all over the place in my area and it is so pretty! Here are the highlights from the week:
On Tuesday I went on splits with Sister Matsen, she was one of my roommates at the MTC, and I LOVE her. She is our zone's sister leader (life a girl zone leader) so we are supposed to go on splits with her once a transfer. It was super fun because I went to her area for 24 hours. Her area is like a 30 minute bus ride away. One of the members in the ward I am serving in moved to Sister Matsen's area like 2 months ago , so we got to visit her and it was so wonderful!!!! She was sooooo happy to see me. It made me feel so good. Her name is Sister An mee sook. She and her family have been having a hard time with the move and new ward, so it was good for both of us to see each other again. She cried multiple times and gave me the warmest hug. It was a tender mercy to realize the relationships that I've made are so real and filled with love. I'll attach a picture of her and her family that we took that night. That day it was also pouring rain, but we didn't have an umbrella so she lent us hers. Sister Matsen and I still got completley soaked because we were sharing the umbrella and the streets were like a river, but it was still so fun. It was really good to talk to sister matsen again and share our expereinces so far. So that was a fun memory from this week.
One of our investigators this week told us that she started to pray on her own this week! That was really exciting to hear! She said that she prayed at night and the next morning she just felt like she should pray again. She said that it was really good and she wants to keep doing that. It was so simple, but also so sweet to hear her say that. It's cool to meet these random people and help them feel closer to their Heavenly Father and their Savior in even just simple ways such as saying a prayer before going to bed.
The best thing this week was on Friday when we met with Sister eem hyeon sook. When we sat down to teach her she immediately said, you can tell everyone that I want to get baptized next week. She had made a firm decision and she was super excited and happy about it!! So she will be getting baptized on Sunday! We kept teacher her about the commandments and reviewd the baptismal interview questions with her and asked her why she wanted to get baptized. It was so cool to her about her experience while meeting with us. WE first met her in october and she said that she would hate when we came to visit. She didn't really have any interest, she was just listening because her friend refferred her to us. But recently she started feeling really comfortable and had the desire to be baptized for herself. She has progressed a lot. When she came to church yesterday she met with the Bishop and afterward came and grabbed mine and sister Lee's hands and was like "I met with the bishop!!" in the most excited voice and she just kept holding our hands and smiling. She is way excited to get baptized...it's super cool to see! Keep her in your prayers!
We also had interviews with President Shin this week. He came to our homes to check to see if our houses were clean and the interview us this transfer. I love President and Sister Shin!! I feel super blessed to have such a good relationship with them since I served so close to them in my first area. They are so great. They are always super happy to see me and love talking about our time together during the hot summer with Sister Bell...those were good times :)
On Sunday the Relief Society had a special program during sacrament meeting so all of the women wore han bokes (the traditional korean dress) it was awesome! I wish I could have worn one haha. I'll attach a picture. A member said I could come over and try hers on sometime so I will def be doing that sometime haha
Love you all! Hope you have a great week! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MATTHEW!!! I send you a letter in the mail :) hope you enjoy general conference! I'll be watching it on the 12th and 13th. It takes a week for them to translate it all into korean. Happy day!!!
Love
Sister Livingston
No comments:
Post a Comment