celebrating Sister kim sor bin's birthday!!!! She is a recent convert. She just turned 17 in american age i think...
more cherry blossoms!!
eating with Sister Lee and kim ju eon (recent convert) at lotteria!!!
Annyeonghasaeyo family!!!
Sounds like conference was really great from all of your emails! I can't wait to watch it this weekend!!!!!! I am also hoping that lots of investigators will be able to come as well. So another transfer has already come and gone.....CRAZY!!! this transfer went by soooo quickly. We got our transfer calls this morning and I'M STAYING!!!!!!!! YAY!!!! I was super nervous that I was going to have to transfer again, but I get to stay another transfer here with Sister Lee :) I'm very happy about that. I'm not ready to say goodbye to the people here in nongseong ward. I'll be starting my 7th transfer and this will be my 5th transfer here in nongseong. I love it here!
Exciting things that happened this week:
Sister hyeon sook got baptized yesterday!!!! yayayayay!!! It was a really happy day. She came to church early and was super cute and happy. She kept smiling and holding my hand and saying that she feels like she is receiving a huge blessing. Everyone in the ward has done a great job in welcoming her. After church we had her baptism at about 1:00. Her friend that referred her to us baptized her. It was great. After the baptism all of the missionaries in our ward sang Lead Kindly Light for a special musical number and she cried...it was really tender. I would have to say that this was one of my favorite baptism experiences because I honestly wasn't expecting her to get baptized anytime soon. I don't think she was either. But this past transfer something changed and she just had the desire all of the sudden to be baptized and become a member of this church. It was a witness to me that the Holy Ghost is real and He is busy at work helping people to accept Jesus Christ's gospel. I feel blessed to take a part in this process.
This week we got to visit more members, which is one of my favorite things because I love hearing their conversion stories. They are all such awesome examples of faith. And they are all just such fun people that it's fun to get to know them better. One of my favorite visits this wee was to Sister Kim me sook. She and her husband live in the country part of our area, so that was fun to go to the country area. She showed us pictures of her family. One of her sons will finish his mission next month. She is very proud of him. She made us kimbap (looks kind of like sushi). And She told us that since joining the church 16 years ago she has never missed sacrament meeting....awesome! i love that!
I had a tender moment this week with one of our investigator. It's kind of hard to explain, but I'll do my best. We've been trying really hard to set a baptism date with her because all of the lessons are finished and she's been meeting with the missionaries for forever. I think that she has been feeling a lot of pressure from us and members though and it is making her turn off. We had a heart to heart with her and she told us about how she is feeling on saturday and it was good to hear. Yesterday I turned around after sacrament meeting and I saw her. She came up to me and she looked like she was about to cry and she said "Sister, I came!" I gave her a hug and told her that I loved her and thanked her for coming because I know that it took a lot of humility for her to decide to come to church yesterday. It's hard to explain, but it really was a miracle and tender mercy that she came to church yesterday. This weekend I've been feeling a lot of love for her. That's my favorite thing about being a missionary. I get to have a lot of opportunities to be the instrument that God uses to share is love with His children. It seriously is the best feeling.
I know Heavenly Father loves us so much!!! That's what His plan is all about...love. I just feel an overwhelming amount of gratitude to the Lord for lettimg me love all of these people. I love you all as well!!!! I hope you feel his love a little more this week :)
Love always,
Sister Livingston
No comments:
Post a Comment