Monday, April 14, 2014

Week 46


My district last transfer-only one person changed this transfer


hanboke!!!

with Sister yujin and my com Sister Lee



Hey hey family!!
 
Another great week come and gone! I can hardly remember exactly what I did this week...This week we didn't have as many appointments as usual, so we spent a lot of time outside talking to people on the street or putting up flyers advertising free english and meeting with us. The highlight was definitely general conference! woohoo! love those prophets and apostles. They always know what we need to hear. I'm just so excited for the conference issue ensign to come out so I can read them more. (And try to find greg and liss in the pictures ^^) My favorite talks would probably be Elder Richard G. Scott's talk about love, President Uchtdorf about gratitude and Elder Bednar about the atonement of Jesus Christ. During all of the talks I just kept thinking about investigators that needed to hear that talk haha. It was awesome. But we had 2 investigators come to conference! One of the girls was not very interested in it apparently though. I think it was a little too long for her. But another investigator, Sister Kim, came and brought her mom and sister with her. She said that she really liked it.
 
We set a baptismal date with Sister Kim this week. We set it for May 18th as a goal for her. She is currently attending a different church and the idea of changing religions doesn't sound super appealing to her, but she really likes our message and she wants to get baptized like Christ did. She just is kind of hesitant about becoming a member a new church. I pray that as she continues to meet with us, she will come to a better understanding of the restoration of the priesthood and how her desire to be baptized like Christ did is great! and Her family will be so blessed as they live according to the gospel of Jesus Christ.
 
Another highlight of the week was that I got to wear a hanboke!!! (the traditional korean dress). There is a 20 year old girl, yujin, in the ward I'm serving in that I've become good friends with. She helps with our lessons and stuff. She is awesome! but I told her one sunday that I really want to try wearing a hanboke sometime while in Korea. She told me that I could come over and try on hers and last night that dream came true :) Her mom is a less active member and  yujin is currently preparing her paperwork to go on a mission so we went over last night and visited them and her mom let me try on her hanboke. So cool! She was telling me that every part of the hanboke has a different name. There were several layers to put on. I loved it! I'll attach some pictures. People wear the hanboke for weddings and certain holidays here in korea. They are super beautiful! It's been fun to help yujin get excited for missionary work though. We are both hoping that she gets called to the DC south mission ;)
 
Sister Lee and I are excited for a new transfer together and to see some more miracles! We have a bunch of new appointments lined up for next week and pray that these people will be prepared to accept the message of the gospel as well has help them to learn english.
 
I love you all!! thank you for your prayers, support and emails! I love to hear all of the updates. I love and miss you all! Thankful for the opportunity to serve the Lord here in Korea!
 
Love
Sister Livingston

No comments:

Post a Comment