Hey hey family!!
Before I forget, let me tell you that next day our pday will be on wednesday so I will email you next wednesday. There is a holiday on Monday next week and our leaders think that we'll be able to find more people to teach on the holiday so they switched pday for next week. So I'll email you then :)
CONGRATULATIONS to Jessie for walking!!! you were a very beautiful byu graduate!! I'm really happy that you wore the cougar belt in honor of graduation. cougars for life!!!
I'm glad that you all had a fun time together!! Such a fun family! thankful to be a part of the fam :)
Probably my favorite thing that happened this week was that the General Relief Society President, Linda K. Burton, came to our stake here in gwangju and gave a training. It was so awesome! Her husband served his mission here in korea and later they both served as Mission President and Wife in Seoul, so they were both super grateful for the opportunity to come back to Korea. The husband bore his testimony in korean and it was so cool to see that he could still speak korea!!! I hope that I never forget korean! But it was a really great training about 1. preparing ourselves spiritually to receive revelation 2. participating in councils 3. ministering 4. teaching like the Savior did. It was supposed to be a training for just the leaders, but they opened it up so that everyone could come so we brought our investigator (the artist) to come and she loved it!! She was also talking about helping to prepare our kids and the people around us to serve missions. We watched a little video made by the church about missionary work and I don't think there was a dry eyed missionary in the room haha. It was just really tender to think about they things in our lives that have prepared us to be where we are right now. I am super thankful especially to my family and friends for helping me to prepare for my mission. This has been an important life experience for me. But Sister Burton focused on how we need to focus on people one by one. We need to be approachable like the Savior was. No pride-all humility. Her training was definitely a pick me up for me personally.
Our investigators are doing well...no one is progressing super great right now. But we're trying to help them. Our recent convert, Sister im hyeon sook brought her daughter to church with her (22 years old) and we had family home evening with her and some members last night!
We are doing a 40 day relay fast in our mission to prepare for Elder Christofferson coming at the end of May. It has been great so far. We are asking members to pray and fast with us in order to find someone to refer to us by that time so we can all attend Elder Christofferson's meeting with a referral. It's exciting!
I love you all!! So thankful for the Savior that helps make up for the things that we lack. We can do it!!!!!!!!! 화이팅!!!
Love always,
Sister Livingston
No comments:
Post a Comment