Monday, May 5, 2014

Week 49

Sister Cha in her studio with her artwork!!!! so awesome!!




Surprise! My pday got switched back again to monday....so hey!! glad I could catch some of the family members and catch up with them. And next week is mothers day so we get to skype!! woohoo!!!

Here is the plan: Monday morning 8:00 my time I'll skype at a member's business where she said I could use her computer. So that will Sunday evening for you all. And hopefully we will be able to figure out how to do a group skype date. If it doesn't work for some reason I can split up my hour to talk to the individual families. But it should work right?! I'm excited to see you all again!!! can't believe it's already May!

So this week........our investigators have been kind of flakey recently. But Sister Cha and her daughter are progressing well. They came to church yesterday and their daughter that is living in salt lake city right now started meeting the missionaries there as
well, so we're really praying that their whole family will be able to progress to baptism and eventually become sealed!! And another great thing about them is that Sister Cha is a legit artist...like she has a studio and this really cool artsy part of town and we went to her studio this week to see her artwork! it was awesome!!!! i loved it!! I will send you pics. She mostly paints beta fish and there are all of these really detailed patters that she does all by hand. And some of her paintings are really huge. It was really cool to see. She had also done some intaglio printmaking and she was showing me the copper plates so that was cool :) made me excited to do some more printmaking when I get back to byu! But the members were great with her yesterday so fellowshipping is going well. 

The other things that happened this week weren't really exciting, but they were definitely memorable haha. So last week when we were walking to church a woman saw me and asked if I remembered her (I honestly didn't remember her, but I said yes anyway because I've talked to so many random people on the street that I probably had talked to her before) and she said that we talked on a bus one time and she wanted to meet me again so it was a miracle that we met again. At that point I was thinking to myself, yes! so we set up an appointment to meet with her on wednesday. We met her and sat down and her friend came too (these are middle aged women) and we sat down and then all of the sudden they pulled out their bibles and started trying to teach us. Turns out that they were jehovah's witnesses and wanted to teach us haha. It was denfintely and interesting experience. We just smiled and bore testimony to them haha. It was funny though. Another experience this week was on the bus, I sat next to this woman and I introduced my self as missionary and how we were teaching about the book of mormon. She had never heard of our church before, but she was appalled that we would believe in another book in addition to the bible. She kept telling me over and over again that our religion is wrong and not from God. She said that because she loves the korean people she wants to ask me to stop teaching people about our church. I was kind of taken a back because she thought it was so terrible that I would come to korea and teach people about our church. Again, all I could do is smile and bear testimony to her. 

But through these experiences it just makes me grateful for the experiences that I've had in my life to know for myself that this church and the Book of Mormon are true. I am so confident about that. I know that Heavenly Father is our Father and Jesus Christ is His son and our Savior. And I am so so grateful for the Book of Mormon in my life. Through reading and living its principles I have definitely come closer to Jesus Christ.

I love you all!! I'm excited to talk to see you next week when we skype!!!!!

Love
Sister Livingston

No comments:

Post a Comment