Monday, May 26, 2014

Week 52


The new church building...I don't have any pics inside, but it's beautiful!! There are 4 floors!



My district from last transfer...these are all of the missionaries serving in my ward. 2 elders got transfered since this pic and 2 new ones came this week.




Hey Family!!

So this year I will officially hit my one year mark of being a missionary...crazy!! I am super thankful for my decision to serve as a missionary and especially here in Korea! I still remember so clearly when I opened up my letter and read that I would be serving in the Korea Daejeon mission...nothing can express the shock that I experienced, but as I have served here it has been clear to me that I was meant to come to korea all along. Thankful to have modern day prophet and apostles that could assign me to serve here. I have had such awesome experiences and learned so much while serving. This has truly been a blessing :) Thanks for all of your love and support!!! Can't wait to bring some korea back home with me haha

We had a good week here. We spent a lot of time in the area that we just combined with to try to get to know the members there because they are a part of our ward now. Which also means that we got to serve with the other two sisters serving in our ward sometimes and that was a blast! We had some lunch and dinner appointments all together with members and it was fun :) I love visiting members and hearing about their conversion stories and meeting their families.

We had an awesome lesson with Sister Cha and her daughter this week after they had been baptized. We taught more about the Holy Ghost and then they received the gift of the holy ghost yesterday at church! They are official members of the church now. yay!! They are going to do so well. And Her husband started meeting with the Elders so hopefully he will also be able to follow his family's example soon! I love their family.

This week we had a really fun family home evening activity at a member's school. We played volleyball together and a lot of investigators, less actives and members came. It was awesome! our ward mission leader is so great and has helped our investigators get connected in the ward a lot. Super grateful for him.

Also this week we at church at our new stake center and it is BEAUTIFUL!! I looks almost like a temple. It is so huge and clean and there are beautiful paintings and decorations inside. It made me emotional to look out at sacrament meeting and see all of these people that I love and am serving in this beautiful building together and think of how we are all so blessed.

This week we will have our mission conference and Elder Christofferson is coming on Saturday!!! Then he will visit and dedicate the new stake center on Sunday. We feel super blessed to be serving in this area right now!!

I love you all!! Hope you have a great week! Happy Memorial Day!

"The Lord is My Light!"

Love
Sister Livingston

No comments:

Post a Comment