Hello dear family!!
It sounds like you all had really great weeks filled with fun trips and celebrating easter! yay!
Easter wasn't a really big deal here in Korea...in fact, I probably would have forgotten it was easter if not for the easter package that I got in the mail from the family. But yesterday morning in order to celebrate it for myself personally, I studied about the Savior's resurrection in all of the gospels. I love reading about the Savior's resurrection. My favorite part is always when the angels say that "He is not here, for He is risen." Is there a more hopeful phrase?! Jesus Christ rose from the dead so that we too can rise from the dead and return to our Heavenly Father's presence and see our dearly loved ones again. Not only can we rise from the dead, but we can also rise from hardships, pains, trials and disappointments. Christ suffered and overcame everything so that we could do it too. This week in Korea there was a really sad disaster. A huge ferry baot sunk and there was a big group of highschool students on it to go on a spring break trip. A lot of people died and it has been all over the news here. We went to lunch and saw the news when it happened and it was so so sad to see and hear about. It makes me sad to think that lots of people don't have the hope of Jesus Christ to comfort them at times like this. I just want them all to hear about the plan of salvation and the atonement of Jesus Christ. I am thankful for the knowledge of the atonement and plan of salvation and the opportunity to share it with others so they can have hope as well.
This week we had a miracle!! So last monday I got a call from the stake president and he had a referral for us. I called the woman and we set up an appointment on Saturday to meet. We met her and her family at her house on Saturday night. So this woman, Sister Cha, has a friend who is a member of our church and also her younger sister lives in Utah and married a member of our church and joined as well. So Sister Cha sent her oldest daughter to Utah to live with her sister and the daughter is going to start going to church with her aunt and family. sister Cha, decided that if her daughter was going to start to go to church she should start as well with her younger daughter. So she was referred to us because she lives in our area. We also met the husband and he was super awesome, he is just super busy so he doesn't have time to come to church right now but will when he has time. So they came to church for the first time yesterday and it was good! They seem so golden that after meeting them for the first time my companion and I were both a little scared because we don't want to mess this one up! But they seem like they should progress really well because they are very interested and very family oriented. I'm excited to keep teaching them and hopefully their whole family and progress to receive baptism and become members of our church!!!
Also our ward combined with another ward this week, so this sunday was exciting with a lot of people there! we got a new bishop and there will be calling new leaders this week. There are a ton of missionaries serving in one ward now beause it covers 2 areas. but I'm excited to get to know more members! they are building a beautiful new stake center that we will move into at the end of may!! I'm excited!!!
Life is great! I love and miss you all! Hope you have a great week spending time together! Congrats on graduating to Liss and Jess!! way to go!!! Keep up the good work!
Love
Sister Livingston
No comments:
Post a Comment