Hello Family!!!
Happy 2014!!! I can't believe that it's 2014...it deosn't feel like a new year at all to me, but that's okay :) We didn't do anything too crazy to celebrate the new year since we have to be in bed by 10:30, but we did buy some cake and eat it and toasted with some plastic wine cups before going to bed...that was the extent of our new years celebrations though. I feel like my mission is it's own "year" in itself so next year I'm sure it will feel more like a new year.
This week went by really quickly...I'm trying to remember what we did this week.
Beth received the gift of the holy ghost yesterday!!! woohoo! she is an official member of the church now. I was nervous beause they came really late to sacrament meeting so I was nervous that she wasn't going to show up, but it worked out fine. She was confirmed after the testimony meeting. I have been helping to translate for her during church so that has been interesting haha. Sometimes I have no idea what's going on, but I try my best :)
We continued to meet with our investigators this week. I don't feel like anything particularly special happened with our investigators this week. Lee so youg said that she will try to come to church with her family soon. She has been accepting our message really well so far and she always reads the book of mormon. We talked about baptism some with her this last week, but I think she will still need a little more time. She likes our church so far though! shin dong hyeon read a lot from the book of mormon this week, which was awesome! she is not sure about baptism right now though. She works on sundays so she can't come to church, but she wants to. I pray that she will have the opportunity to come to church soon. Also am praying that she will actually ask if the Book of Mormon is true when she prays. She is really awesome though! Choi Pa da is a girl that was a referral from our stake president. We have met with her 3 times so far and yesterday we taught her about the first vision and it went well. her friend is a member in our ward so her friend was at the lesson too. I think she will be able to accept baptism soon. She has a lot of belief in God and I know that this gospel will bless her life so much. She just needs to ask for herself :)
We met with jo un jeong this week and she brougt her daughter to the lesson on saturday. it was kind of ridiculous because they came in kind of fighting because they were late and were blaming eaech other for being late. It got to the point though that jo un jeong was bawling beause she has been having a really hard time with her family and feels really alone right now. I got to have a tender moment together with her where I could help to comfort her. I pray that her whole family will be able to accept the gospel because that's really what they need. If they live the gospel they will be able to avoid some of the issues that she is facing right now.
Nest week is transfer week! i'm really curious to see what is going to happen. I have mixed feelings about everything. I'll keep you posted though :)
I love you all!! Sorry this emial is kind of random. I'm thankful for the opportunity to be serving the Lord right now. One of my favorite things to do each day is put on my nametag. Definitely a privilege. I'm glad that you all had a great trip together. Looks like you had alot of fun!! this morning we went iceskating with kim sor bean (she is a recent convert that I love!!!!!) so that was really fun!
Love
Sister Livingston
No comments:
Post a Comment