Hello Family!!
It was so great to see you all this week. So glad that we skyped!! It was way fun!! And it was priceless to be fed lettuce wraps while skyping with you...haha. good times. Glad you all had a merry christmas and I'm glad that my letters got there...sorry they were a little late. I really loved reading all of your letters. thank you!!! Glad you made it to NY safely and I hope you have a great time ringing in the new year. Sister Park and I decided that at 10:29 we will have a little celebration and then go to bed at 10:30 haha :)
Exciting news...BETH GOT BAPTIZED!!!! Sunday was Beth's baptism and it was so great! The baptismal service turned out really well and the ward was so great. Since she doesn't understand korean they did everything in Korean and English for her. It was sweet to hear all of these ward members speaking in English. It's probably what it sounds like when I speak korean to them. The missionaries all sang the I Like to Look for Rainbows song and it was really sweet. She really liked the song. Also her husband baptized her!!! he was able to attend the baptism and she decided that she did want him to baptize her so it was really tender! Super happy for her and her family!!!! I'm excited to teach her about the temple and help to prepare her family to go to the temple to be sealed eventually. I will attach some pics from the baptism.
Yesterday was a super great sunday because all of the talks and classes were super inspired and exactly what our investigators needed to hear. Jo un jeong (the artist) came to church and the talks were perfect for her! she was able to meet with the bishop after sacrament meeting and it went really well. We also met with her and her daughter on Saturday. She was telling her daughter that she should investigate our church because it has helped her life so much...so cool!!! She really wants her whole family to learn about our church because she loves that our church focuses on the family. I think jo en jeon is going to get baptized soon...I can feel it! i'm very excited for her!!
Also on Saturday night there was an awesome stake activity. It included dances, singing and different performances. It was so much fun and jo un jeong came to that as well and she was so happy. She loved it! We are seeing a lot of progress in her in just this past week so that is awesome! The Lord really answers our prayers!
We also had a lesson with shin dong hyeon (she is 20 years old) on friday night and it was super great. we taught about how the bom is the key to know if this church is true and whether or not you should be baptized. We had amember come to the lesson (one of the youth) and she told about her conversion and it was perfect! she said that she will think about baptism, so we are excited about that!
Life is great here...we are hard at work and loving it :) It's the best to see people start to change and realize that this message is really true and how God loves them. We had dinner at a member's house last night and it was fun. We shared a message about our baptismal covenants and how everytime we take the sacrament we can feel that same joy and love that we felt when we are baptized, so I'd encourage all of you to think about the covenants you made when you were baptized when you partake of the sacrament this week.
I love you all!!!
Love
Sister Livingston
No comments:
Post a Comment