Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Week 29


Hello Family!!!
 
I seriously can't believe that Christmas is next week!! Im so excited!! I love the Christmas season. Christmas is not a very big deal here like in America, but there is still that Christmas spirit in the air. Our ward has a cute christmas tree that they youth decorated and we all wrote our Christmas wishes on. It's cute. We get to have our mission Christmas party on friday and I am soooo pumped!! I just can't wait to see me old companions and hear about their experiences :) it will be a sweet time. We also are having a ward christmas party on the 23rd and we are hoping that a lot of our investigators will be able to come to that. It should be a good time.  
 
This past week we were super busy!! we met with new investigators and had a lot of appointments. It was exciting to almost always have an appointment to be going to! It's also super nice because that means we don't have to be outside in the cold all day :) I bought some boots last week and it was just in time becaue it snowed again this week! I'm very grateful for my new boots :) and a kind woman in my ward is lending me one of her extra winter coats because she said that my coat wasn't warm enough. I thought I was fine, but she brought the coat to church and gave it to me to use during the winter season. So that was really nice :)
 
My favorite experiences this week:
On Saturday we met with jo un jeon (the artist) and we were talking about her experiences in reading the book of mormon. we asked her to read 3 Nephi and so she has been reading it for the past few weeks. This week she had a really spiritual experiences when reading ch16 v2-3 about how Christ will appear to his lost sheep. it really touched her and she received comfort from it. It was really sweet to hear about her gaining a testimony about the book of mormon. That is something that I have really gained a testimony of while on my mission. I have seen over and over again that those people that read the BOM see progression and change in their lives while those that don't, don't progress. I've seen it in my life too. The bom seriously has power to change your life!!! so make sure you are studying it every day ;)
 
yesterday we met with Beth (she is from the philippines). She is married to a korean man in our ward and they have one little boy. She comes to church everyweek, so we started teaching her the discussions and she has a baptism date for the 29th!!! She is super kind and has so much faith! she grew up catholic so it was kind of hard for her to think about joining a different religion at first, but she always feels really good when she reads the bom and prays so she believes that it is true. We had a sweet lesson yesterday about the plan of salvation. she recently had a hard tim with something and we were able to share our testimonies that this life is not the only life and how god takes care of His children. I teach the lessons in English and my companion added her testimony in korean and I translated for her at the end and it was a really sweet experience. we were all crying. But I am so thankful for the knowledge of the plan of salvation that we have. It is such a blessing and gives us such a different perspectiv eon life. grateful :)
 
On Monday night we visited our relief society president to share a message with her and I shared about how the atonement has such power and gives us hope in this life. It was one of those lessons that the spirit was there and everyone felt what they needed to feel. It was a great way to start out the week.
 
We had a lot of different experiences and lessons this week, but those were some of my favorites :)
 
I'm excited to talk to you all next week! I'm planning to call home at around 9:00 am on my Christmas morning, so it will be your Christmas eve. I will miss you all, but I really do know that  I am where I need to be. It's a privilege to get to spend Christmas with my Korean family this year :) And I get to be teaching people about Christ during Chirstmas time...I can't think of a better way to spend the holidays. Love you all!!!
 
Love
Sister Livingston
 
p.s. where in Korea is the korean family from? people in my ward were curious :)

No comments:

Post a Comment