Sunday, December 8, 2013

Week 28


all ready to teach some english and the gospel!!!


my reaction to the snow at 6:30 am haha


we made soup with the young women one day last week

thanksgiving food!


some lovely sista missionaries :)


Hi family!!
 
This was another great week here in Korea! It wasn't as cold this week, which was nice :) This past transfer I had a lot of personal growth and learned a lot and I am feeling really good and happy and grateful right now. I just want to say thank you for all of your love and support! I love you all and I want you all to know that I know that the atonement is so real. It really is an enabling power that allows us to progress and overcome hard things. Through the atonement we really can change and become the person that Heavenly Father wants us to be. I'm feeling really grateful for that this past week.
 
This week we unfortunately had some investigators drop, but we also met some new investigators, so that's good. We had a combined district meeting this week and it was so good!!! We finished a 40 day relay fast as a mission on that day and there were a lot of miracles experienced be the missionaries in our mission from that 40 day fast. We met with sister Shin dong hyeon (she is 20 years old) this week and she is awesome! She really likes our church and agrees with what we teach. We can always feel the spirit really strong in our lessons with her. I asked her if she would be baptized when she comes to know thses things for herself and she said of course! But the main issue is that she works on sunday. So we don't know exactly what to do about that. All we can do for now is help to build up her faith so that she will have the desire to come to church and she can pray to find out a way for her to come to church.
 
Other things that happened this week are that we went to a member's choir concert on friday night with our investigator and it was so much fun! All of the songs were about mothers and they had some dancing and these really really cute korean kids sang and danced and it was just so cute!! It was really fun to support the members and help our investigator to meet members as well.
 
We also had a fun English activity on Saturday night with all of the missionaries in our ward and all of our english interest investigators. It was a success and we met 1 new investogator there and another potential investigator. We also got to each american brownies, which is always a treat :)
 
We are also teaching this woman who has no religious background, but we taught her the first lesson this week and I am really excited to see what happens. For some reason I really believe that she and her family are going to get baptized...maybe not really soon, but I think it's going to happen.
 
Our ward is kind of struggling righ now so we as missionaries are focusing on our members right now and how we can help them to regain some hope and light through the atonement. We have been delivering a lot of message cards to members homes with our testimonies on them to try to help them feel happy during this hard time.
 
I am excited for Christmas! Can't believe it is so soon! So apparently I can call home either on the 24th, 25th, or 26th based off of when it works best for you guys. So when should I call you?!  Love you all!!! I hope you have a great week! Keep up all of the great work and always remember that through living the gospel we can be happy :) Thank you for all of your love and support!!
 
Love
Sister Livingston
 
p.s. the philippino woman has a baptsim date for the 22nd!! woohoo!! hopefully all goes well for her!! Pray for Beth!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment