Monday, December 23, 2013

Week 30


Hello dear family!!
 
Can you believe Christmas is on Wednesday?! I am very excited to call you all and talk to you then!! This morning we opened our christmas presents because we won't have time on actual christmas to do so. I was overwhelmed with all of your love. Thank you so much!!!! I love you all so dearly! I sent off my christmas letters last week, so hopefully they get to you in time. I am excited to open the christmas letters on christmas eve :)
 
This past week we were really really busy! we had appointments all over the place! It was fun. We have 12 people that we are meeting with right now...most of them have maily english interest right now but we have 4 people that are progressing so that is exciting!! We met with Beth a lot this week to help her prepare for baptism on next sunday. She is doing well. She is a sweetie and I'm really grateful for the opportunity to teach her. She called us and asked for our help this week when she needed to go to the doctor but she doesn't really understand korean so she asked for our help to translate. It was sweet to have her ask for help because it shows that she trusts us and appreciates us teaching her. She asked us to come take pictures of her and her son in the snow next time it snows...cute! She is doing well and preparing for her baptism on sunday. We have a few more commandments to teach her about and we are going to review the baptismal interview questions before she gets interviewd this week. I hope that everything goes well :)
 
This week we jo un jeong (the artist) came to church again, which is exciting! she used to come a lot, but she hasn't been in a while but she came this week! And we are planning to have a lesson and get lunch together on christmas so I am excited for that! she has been having a really hard time in her personal life lately and it has been sweet to share our testimonies about how she can receive peace, hope and comfort through the atonement of Christ and exercising her faith in Him. I really pray that she will be able to commit to baptism sometime soon! pray for her :)
 
I don't remember if i have talked about lee so young or not, but she is a young mom that we meet with. we practice english with her 8 year old son for 30 minutes and teach about our church for 30 minutes. She is a sweetie. She has been reading the bom and really likes it!!! she is from china so she has no religious background at all. We have been teaching her about the plan of salvation and it has gone well so far. She is going to come to our ward christmas party tonight so we are excited about that! she said she will be able to come to church in january and we are planning to invite her to be baptized this week. Pray that goes well for us :) 
 
We had the missionary christmas party on friday and it was so fun to see all of the missionaries! there were about 150 missionareis there...it was a party! we got to watch home alone, which was fun. WE had a white elephant gift exchange and a huge lunch. I got to see Sister wadsworth and jacklin (mtc comps) and sister bell!!! I love them all so much and it was so great to reunite! I got to see a member from my old area too because the party was in my old area. we also had a music and the spoken word part, which was really good. lots of people are very talented :) 
 
I have a bunch of pictures to send, but the normal place we email at only had one computer today and the computers we are using don't have a usb thing to plug in for my camera so I will have to send them next week. 
 
Sister Park and I are keeping busy and are feeling a little overwhelmed with all that we have to do, but the good news is that we can do it!!!! One of my favorite memories of the week was when we were walking to an appointment and it started to snow hard core. Of course, it was the day that we were the least prepared for snow, but we just kept going and were singing christmas carols together. So tender :) when we got to the appointment we were covered in snow, but happy :) I have a picture I'll send next week haha We also went caroling with some ward members to less actives and it was fun! Christmas is the best! I'm excited for the party tonight!
 
Love you all! I am so thankful for you and for our Savior this Christmas season. I know that He lives and that through Him we can do all things! thank you for all of your love and examples!!! can't wait to talk to you all in 2 days!!! 
 
Love
Sister Livingston 

No comments:

Post a Comment