Hi family!
Before I forget, let me just tell you that next week I might not be able to email because next monday is Chooseok (Korean Thanksgiving) so there might not be any computers available to email and they aren't giving us a different time to email. So if you don't get any responses from me next week it's not because I'm dead...it's just because of thanksgiving :)
This week was one of the busiest weeks of my mission. We had appointment after appointment. We counted the number of people we are meeting while we were doing our stats last night and it's around 18 people that we are meeting right now....so many people!!!! They are mostly all English interest, but we get to share our gospel message with them as well. So we are praying that they will gain interest in the gospel of Jesus Christ as well as improve their English skills. Almost everynight I would come home and feel like I was losing my voice because we were talking the whole day. It was exhausting, but felt good. I love being busy as a missionary!
I'll tell you about a few of our investigators:
We are meeting with 2 women together, they are Siser Bay and Sister Jang. They are around 60 years old, but they look like they are in their 40s, and I love them! Sister Bay was a referral from a member, so we went and visited her one day and found out that she had some English interest, so we told her that we could help to teach her english and share a message about our church. She liked the idea so she told her friend and so we are meeting them together. They always call us their angels and they have loved learning English and are starting to open up about our gospel message as well. They love that our church focuses on the family and are so impressed that people at our age would stop their normal life to serve other people around the world. So we are praying for them hard core right now that they will continue to open up and accept the message. They are starting to read the Book of Mormon and like it so far :)
We also met two new investigators yesterday who are actually from Mongolia and they want to learn English, and they liked learning about our church as well. It was cool because it was 4 of us there, one american, 2 mongolians and 1 korean and we were all communicating in korean together. languages are so cool! sometimes I think about the fact that I am speaking korean and it still blows my mind. but we found all of the pamphlets in mongolian about our church and we are ordering mongolian book of mormon so they can read it in their native language. I'm excited to see what happens with them.
Our recent convert Sister Song is still doing amazing!! she started doing FHE with her family at home and it's been really good for them so that's awesome! we met with her youngest sister after church yesterday and are trying to set up another appointment to meet again. She is such an amazing example for her family!! love her!!
Feeling good, happy and grateful! Grateful for the knowledge of this gospel and the opportunity to live it with the saints of korea and people all over the world. I know that the Lord blesses us to be able to do whatever we need to. He raises us to the tasks set before us. I never could imagine myself doing the things I'm doing now before, but now I can't imagine my life without these experiences. I've grown a lot.
Love you all so much!! hope you have a great next 2 weeks!!!
Love
Sister Livingston
No comments:
Post a Comment