Hello dear family!!
We had another great week here in Cheonan Korea! We have been busy and are excited to be starting another transfer today...there is so much potential and lots of good things happening right now, so we are feeling really happy and grateful!
Let me just say that I LOVE my companion. She is the best. Last week on Thursday when we did our weekly planning for the next week and set goals for the transfer we decided on a motto for our last transfer together. Out motto is "All is well, all is well!" or in Korean, "모든 것 잘 되리!" We are working really hard to become one and just give everything we can this transfer. We have already seen a lot of miracles and are expecting to see more. It's hard for me to put into words how I am feeling right now. If you read Alma 26 that's probably as close as I can get to expressing it. Missionary work is the best!
Yesterday we were able to set a baptismal date for two of our investigators. They are the parents of a member in our ward (so they are probably in their 80s I would guess). They have been coming to church with their son and his family for quite some time now and we the son has been teaching the lessons to his parents with us during Sunday School at church. They are almost done with the lessons and they agreed to be baptized on November 23rd!! It's so exciting to think of their family all becoming one in the gospel! I'm really happy for their family and that in a year from now they will be able to go to the temple together to be sealed!!!! Families are just the best! I know that their family has been praying for the grandparents to accept the gospel for a long time, so it is a miracle for all of them :)
This week we had MLC, so all of the missionary leaders met with President Shin and received training and talked about our goals. We especially talked about becoming one as a mission, so we will do some more training on that on Tuesday at our combined district metting. (Pray for me that I will do well on my training on tuesday:))
Our other investigators are doing well. Lots of people are busy and can't meet, but the 13 and 11 year old kids are doing really well. They came to church again yesterday and liked it. The 11 year old girl is going to participate in the Primary Program next week, so that's exciting! We taught them about baptism and they said that they wanted to be baptized! We just need to meet with their parents and get their permission for them to receive baptism. They are both great kids who love coming to church and have a belief in God and want to follow Jesus Christ. So I pray that they will be a good example for their family and their family will also have the desire to learn more about our church someday. (Their parents are Buddhist).
Everything is going really well! I'm excited to see what's in store for this last transfer. I know that I have been so blessed to meet and come to love so many people here in Korea. I LOVE the scriptures and I am so thankful for them. I know that through reading the Book of Mormon we become happier and we will feel God's love. I think one of the things I will miss the most from my mission is having the time already set aside for me to study the scriptures for an hour everyday. Something that I definitely want to keep up is having a daily personal study. I hope that you all take the time as well to study the scriptures everyday. It's the best!!
I love you all and am so thankful for you!! God be with you till we meet again!!
Love,
Sister Livingston
p.s. last pday we went to this awesome old school korean village and had a blast taking pictures ane we also ate delicious hand made noodle soup. best pday ever!!
No comments:
Post a Comment