Hey all!!
This has been an interesting week. It was filled with lots of good news and also some sad news...
We had our zone conference this week and I did a training on becoming one. Talked about how Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ are the perfect example of being one because of their love and the Savior's sacrifice to follow the will of the Father. We applied it to our lives as missionaries and invited the missionaries to make a list of things that they want to do with their companion this transfer in order to become one with each other. It ended up going well and I appreciated the opportunity to bear my testimony to the missionaries in my zone before I go home.
We had the first snow this week!!!!! It wasn't very much snow and didn't stick at all, but we could see it falling!! And one day we were walking outside and it started to rain, so we took a bus and when we got out of the bus it started to hail on us!!!! My companion and I were so surprised and we ran to the nearest store to hide under this tent that was outside and then ran to the church...definitely wasn't expecting to get hailed on this week haha. The temperature drastically dropped this week...winter has officially begun!
Friday morning ended up being a really sad start to our day. We woke up to having some texts on our phone from our investigators...3 of our progressing investigators dropped us that morning....so sad!! one of them got busy with a part time job and the other two were the kids that have been coming to church and progressing so well! The girl texted us that they couldn't meet anymore and she was really sad about it. We tried to contact their mother again, but she isn't answering our calls...we are assuming that the mother didn't want them to attend church anymore. It was just so all of the sudden and caught both my companion and I really off guard. We'll just say that some tears were shed that morning, but since then we have been blessed with some other miracles.
On Saturday we were able to meet with Hayree, who is 16 years old and her aunt is a memebr of our ward and we could set a new baptismal date with her. She is planning to be baptized on December 7th. And The grandparent investigators that we are teaching are ready to be baptized on Sunday, the 23rd!! We also were able to meet some new investigators this week as well, so the Lord has been blessing us a lot.
I am very thankful for this opportunity to serve the Lord here in Korea!! I'm really excited for Brother Kim and Sister Jeong to be baptized on Sunday. I'm excited for waht it means for their family. Yesterday we finished the last lesson and their son was teaching it. He taught about eternal marriage and the temple and the priesthood and it was so good! The grandma especially doesn't remember everything, but she said that she has always prayed that she would be able to live eternally with Heavenly Father, so she was really glad to hear that the purpose of our life is to be sealed in the temple in order to live with God and continue to progress as a family. She said that she was really grateful to come to know the Mormon Church so that she can prepare to do that. It was really sweet!!
I love you all!! And I'm excited to see you in a month!!!!
Love
Sister Livingston
No comments:
Post a Comment