Hello!!!
We had another fantastic week this week. We are staying supere busy meeting with a lot of people and lots of people are progressing, so it is exciting!!
Yesterday was Brother Kim and Sister Jeong's baptism and it was probably the best baptismal service I have ever been to. It was one of the most spiritual experiences and we just all felt so happy. There were a lot of prayers answered yesterday that helped to make it a special day. I would say that the thing I felt the strongest yesterday was that families really are forever. This is what I wrote in my journal yesterday:
"Today was 김정주형제님 (84yrs old) and 정금랑자매님's (83 yrs old) baptism. IT was the BEST baptism I have been to yet. The spirit was so strong and there was such a strong feeling of love in the room-love for one another and love for God and this gospel. I think it was definitely a once in a lifetime experience. 정금랑자매님 (Sister Jeong) just started bawling when the baptismal service started. She just hunched over and was crying as we sang the opening hymn. She was so overcome with the spirit and I think so filled with the love of God, she couldn't contain it. 조광진형제님 (Brother Jo) Came from Busan to baptize them (He was an elder that served here and taught them before he went home). 김담윤형제님 (their son) bore his testimony and it was really tender. He got emotional and he said that he is happy because now that his parents know this church is true, when they pass on they will be able to let their other ancestors know this is true. This family will get to be sealed in the temple and go to the Celestial Kingdom together. I know that's true and it was beautiful to get to participate in. Sister Ha and I sang the song "I Need Thee Every Hour" for a special musical number. After the baptism the Bishop spoke and talked about how Brother Kim will receive the priesthood and pass and bless the sacrament and then he will go to the temple with his wife and the will be sealed together for eternity. What a beautiful day that will be! The closing song was "Nearer My God to Thee" and I could hardly sing it, I was too emotional. I was so happy for them and I was reminded that THIS is why I came on a mission. And I felt a feeling of approval from the Lord and Heavenly Father for the work that I've dong here on my mission. I know that I will continue to be blessed because of the service that I have given. Such a happy day!"
Yesterday was a great day. We were talking with the other sisters that live in our house and we all thought that everyone was probably dancing in the spirit world because they are soooo happy. That's what this work and this life is all about. Finding that happiness and sharing it with others. We receive that fulness of joy when we participate in the work of the Lord because we are becoming a little bit more like Him.
I love you all and am so thankful for you!!!!!! I hope you have a very happy thanksgiving!
Love
Sister Livingston
No comments:
Post a Comment