Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Road Trip

After the wedding, we headed off on a road trip with the final destination of California. No road trip is complete without an abundant amount of snacks, including shockers...check!


The landscape in the West is so different than the East. I could definitely tell we were driving through the desert. 


Our first stop was Zions National Park. We decided to be adventurous and hike Angel's Landing. It was a fun hike that involved holding onto chains and climbing with some intense exposure...so worth it for the amazing view. This is our "before the hike" picture:


Mid hike


Emmy and I at the top


WE MADE IT!


Our "after the hike" picture: A little more tired, hot and red in the face


The next day we drove all day to California and Cousin Katherine joined us in Yosemite.
Check out the size of that tree! They were amazingly large and so cool! (I have a small obsession/fascination with trees)


The classic Yosemite view...so beautiful:



The water levels were impressively high, but that didn't stop us from hiking to the top of Vernal Falls. We got completely soaked and I thought I might die of hypothermia on the way, but it was so worth it. Let me just say that the view from the top of a waterfall is crazy cool. So glad that we decided to do it!


Our road trip ended after we met up at Melissa's house for a final open house for the married couple. It was really fun to see where Melissa grew up and her family is the nicest. We soon flew home and returned back to normal life. It was a great two and a half weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment