Day one in Spain has already been AWESOME! When we arrived at our host home, I found this cute little room all set up for me. There is another room next door where Alexis stays. We unpacked and got settled while Luisa, my host mother, made us a delicious lunch.
Let me just say that Spaniards know how to eat. We had delicious chicken, a vegetable puree soup and a tomato, olive and onion salad, and watermelon. The fruit and veggies have so much flavor here...I love it. Luisa loves for us to eat. She just keeps the food coming, so I may or may not be unrecognizable when I return because of all the delicious food I will be consuming for the next 3 months.
After lunch, we had time for a siesta, which is the greatest thing ever. Why don't we do this in America? I napped for a couple hours so that I wouldn't be dead, but also so I would be able to sleep tonight and get adjusted to the time schedule.
After relaxing we had a small snack of some sweet bread and a chocolate cookie thing...delicious! Then we went to a fair for Alcalá. If I was worried about feeling homesick, no need because they had Justin Bieber towels that I could win. haha jk.
The fair was really fun and Luisa treated us to some delicious churros. We would run into people that she knew and had the custom double kiss on the cheek greeting, which takes some getting used to.
Then we walked around all over Alcalá. Luisa showed us where the Universidad is that we will be attending here. Everything is just so beautiful here. The architecture, old brick and stone streets. I love it,
Here is Alexis and I with Don Quixote.
There are so many plazas everywhere in Spain and there is always something going on. There was a band playing and lots of dancing, so here is Luisa and I dancing together in the plaza de cervantes.
As I said before, Luisa loves to feed us, so she treated us to some ice cream and I tried the crema de alcalá because I figured that when in Alcalá do as the Alcaláns.
It is only day one and I have already had a ton of practice with speaking spanish and have had great food and adventures. Can't wait to see what tomorrow holds!!
hasta luego!


I want to dance with you in the plaza de cervantes!!!
ReplyDelete