Alexis and I walked to la Plaza de Cervantes again last night for a little treat. We were originally going to go to a pastelería, but it has been so hot recently, that we decided to get helado instead. When I was ordering, I did not know the word for cone, but discovered that it is simply un cono. Good to know :)
At first we were sitting at these tables in the plaza, but then a man came over to us and asked us if we wanted to order something, and that we couldn't sit there unless we were to order something, so we promptly moved to a bench. We were just trying to look like locals. We practically are locals at la plaza de cervantes because we go there at least once a day because besides our school, it's the only place we really know how to get to and from in Alcalá. But luckily it's a cool place and I think we are getting a tour of the city on Saturday. Let's hope so.
Classes are going well and it's crazy how after only one week, I'm practically always thinking in Spanish now. It's hard sometimes to write an email or blog post in English because I start to think of my responses in Spanish...pretty cool! I'm getting excited to go on our first mini trip on Friday to Segovia. And we received our bus passes that we can use to get to Madrid, so I'm excited for some fun excursions there as well!

No comments:
Post a Comment