There have been festivities here in Alcala for the past week and they have been tons of fun! There is a Medieval Market set up in la calle mayor and la plaza de cervantes with tons of food, jewelry and lots more things. After school yesterday I took advantage of some free time to scope out the market. I tried this freshly made donut, which was delicious, but it was surprising to discover that it was a black licorice flavor.
This man is pulling out fresh bread from an oven in the middle of the plaza. How cool is that?! There was a long line to buy his bread. Oh and the people working all dress up like they are from medieval times which makes the experience 20 times better ;)
Later that night after FHE, the group all went to the festivities to eat some food and check it all out. Kiersten and I shared the best baked potato that I have ever eaten in my life! There was sooooo much stuff on it. For example: tuna, corn, beets, carrots, ham, olives, salsa, cheese and sour cream. Every bite was a burst of delicious flavor. Now that's the way I'll be wanting to eat my baked potatoes from now on.
I feel like this picture is almost like where is waldo because you can't see us too well, but you can get the idea of how crowded this is and how cool the decorations are with all of the flags.
Then we got crepes de chocolate and man were they GOOD!! They were super messy to eat but totally worth it for the deliciousness.
check out that meat!
Kiersten and I had to take a picture with Don Quixote in front of Cervantes' house because this festival is in honor of Cervantes.
Such a great celebration. I wish we had more of these kinds of things at home. But tomorrow is a holiday in Spain, so NO SCHOOL!!! and We're going to go to Madrid to see a parade with the King and Queen and President. Should be pretty sweet. Until then, ciao!



No comments:
Post a Comment