Today was another great day in Spain. After school, we all met at La Reina Sofia to see some amazing art. I was excited to go on the tour!
We saw lots of amazing art done by the masters. For example there were some works done by Salvador Dali:
We saw Guernica by Picasso!!!!! They don't let you take pictures in that area, so here's me with a book with a picture of it. It really is huge and really cool to see. There's lots of symbolism that the guide was telling us about and as always, I loved seeing Picasso's practices/studies because they are like mini masterpieces.
Here's Lexy and I in the sweet elevators that take you to the different floors of the museum:
There was just a lot of really cool art that I found inspiring and incredibly enjoyable. Lets just say that by the time we decided to leave, because after the tour we could stay as long as we wanted on our own, my legs were hurting from all of the standing/walking. But it was totally worth it.
This is one of my favorites:
This one is a skyline of Spain and this really is what it looks like lots of the time when we are driving on our trips:
I loved the mixed media of this visiting artist:
After the museum, Lexy and I wanted a treat, and I know that this is totally American, but we went to Starbucks to get a Double Chocolate Chip Frappuccino because they are just that good. And it felt so great to sit down in the chairs that they provided and just enjoy our lives here in Spain because we know that we'll be missing it when we leave.
Bright and early tomorrow morning we'll be off to Avila, Salamanca and Valladolid. I'm excited!!
p.s. Today marks the halfway mark of my study abroad here in Spain. I've been here for 6 weeks and I have 6 weeks left. Gotta take advantage of every opportunity (especially when it comes to eating the delicious food :) I have a BLT sandwich that is half a loaf of french bread packed in the fridge to take on my trip tomorrow and I'm already excited to eat it)!








No comments:
Post a Comment