I just put one of these delicious chocolates into my mouth to help inspire this post...so good. I bought these chocolates from the Medieval Market on the last night and they did not disappoint. Lexy had been raving about the lemon covered in white chocolate and cinnamon and let me tell you, it is like a yummy party in your mouth. I also got some chocolate covered peanuts, almonds and dried bananas. All great.
Then on Thursday we had a guided tour of part of El Museo Prado, which was fun. I have no pictures to show because photos were not allowed. We'll be going back in November to finish the tour.
On Friday we went to the Madrid Temple again!!!! It was so great! Another favorite memory added to the list. The grounds are really pretty with fountains and flowers so I enjoyed taking some pictures outside before going in.
Leigh and I:
Then after the Temple, we went to El Parque de Retiro to meet up with the rest of the group to eat delicious peanut butter and jelly or honey sandwiches. Oh how I missed them! It was great to have a little taste of home :)
Then Lexy, Kim (Lexy's Swedish friend that came to visit for the weekend), Emily (Kim's Swedish friend who is also studying in Madrid) and I wandered throughout Madrid for the rest of the day. We went to Sol for some shopping, then we went to the top of El Palacio de Correos and got to see beautiful views of Madrid, such as this:
It was awesome because it was a beautiful site to see and it was free :)
Then we went back to Parque de Retiro in hopes to ride the boats, but to our dismay they had closed early due to a regatta race that would be taking place on the pond. So instead we just hung out while the sun was setting.
Pretty gorgeous right?!
Then today we did some similar site seeing including parque juan carlos, Sol, Plaza Mayor, and back to Alcala. Basically it's been a busy past few days, but it has also been fun. Glad I can rest tomorrow!








No comments:
Post a Comment