Monday, October 10, 2011

Valladolid

Sometimes it's really funny/strange to be dropped off in a city that you know nothing about and have no idea where anything is. That's how I felt when we were dropped off in Valladolid for three hours. Luckily, through asking some locals, we found La plaza mayor and a tourist place that gave us maps and places that we should visit. Here's Leigh and I in the plaza:


I found my napolitana de chocolate for the trip and it was still warm and super delicious.



We found this famous fachada of the university there.


We found this church that was being set up for a wedding and all of the people outside were wearing crazy hats like at the royal wedding. We went inside for a little bit and when we first walked in it was super dark and then it started to sound eerie like there were spirit sounds...then we discovered that the choir was warming up. haha it made for a great moment. We stayed to listen to them sing and it was really beautiful.


Abby and I in front of the church:


Me in front of another cool fachada that we found before going into a Portuguese Art Museum:


There was this set up of Bethlehem when the Savior was born and I thought that some of the proportions were kind of funny. Look at these two people dancing in relation to the man playing the guitar and the chair...it's not quite right. But then again maybe they were supposed to represent the children or just the really short population.


Then we went to a tapas bar to get some food. Min basically tasted like really delicious garlic bread with some shrimp on it. It was great.


Valladolid was a cool city and the people were super nice and helpful. After looking at some stores, we got back on the bus, studied for my history test, slept and got back home at about 7. Another successful trip done. I only have 3 trips left and 2 of them are only day trips. Hard to believe!

No comments:

Post a Comment