Wednesday, October 5, 2011

How is it October Already?!


It's been about a week since I have blogged about my exciting life here in Spain, but the past week has been more relaxed and involved more school work and studying because exams are coming around. But Here's a little review of fun things that I've done lately...
On Friday we had a birthday party for all of the September birthdays. It was super fun because we met at a park, ate cake and ice cream then played basketball and soccer until we had to come back home for lunch. It was a great party and fun to play some sports with the group because our group is awesome and we all get along really well. Then later that night we all got together and watched Finding Nemo in Spanish. Quite enjoyable.
Saturday, all the girls went to the temple in Madrid, which was an awesome experience! The temple is so pretty and it was really cool to hear everything in Spanish, because I'm used to it in English. One of my favorite memories thus far :)


Then we got to listen to General Conference, which is always a treat. Lexy and I also went to el Rastro which is a famous market in Madrid and it did not disappoint! I got lots of souvenirs for loved ones and I got this sweet ring. The old man selling the jewelry told us that they were 8 Euros, then dropped the price to 7, but I only had about 6 left, but he still let me buy it. Score! I was excited because I've been looking for a cool ring from Spain.



Lexy and I went out for frozen yogurt again last night because we just couldn't resist. Yet again it was delicious!



And today I bought these cool books from a book fair they were having outside of my school. I mainly picked them because I thought they were cool and had sweet design, especially the one about Canaries and Parakeets, and I just love old books. That was also on my list of things I wanted from Spain, so check that off as well! 



Life is great here. We're going to La Reina Sofia Museum tomorrow and then we're off to Avila, Salamanca and Valladolid for the weekend!

1 comment:

  1. looks so fun... love the books, and so happy you had such a wonderful time at the temple. I just love that you are having such an awesome experience... but I am looking forward to you coming home! I miss you...

    ReplyDelete