Saturday, October 22, 2011

Toledo

On Friday we took a day trip to Toledo. I thin it goes down as one of my favorite cities because it's just so pretty and cute. I loved all of the narrow cobble stone streets and it is all up hill or down hill, which just adds a little bit of excitement to your stroll.

Here's Leigh and I at this lookout point that we stopped at. You can see the beautiful city behind us. Toledo used to be the Capital of Spain when the Musulmanes were in control, se we left the new capital to come to the old capital.


The city is pretty much surrounded by this river, Tajo, which makes it even more beautiful.


This was our Tour Guide, Mario. He was great. Super funny and interesting.


Inside of the Cathedral in Toledo: It was cool to see it because we had studied its architecture in our Civilizations class.



Here I am outside the Cathedral:


You can see the narrow streets and the cathedral in the background. Sometimes cars would come so we had to squeeze up against the walls.


Spanish potatoes!


This map of Spain was in the Jewish neighborhood of Toledo. It says "map" in Hebrew.


This is the oldest Synagogue in Toledo and it had a cool Art exhibit inside:


After our tour we all at lunch together at a restaurant that was super delicious. Then we had about an hour and a half of free time. Here's Leigh and I in front of another church in Toledo:


What a beautiful day and view in Toledo!


The view off of the bridge to enter the city:


So excited!


Toledo is also famous for its Marzipan and knives. So I bought some marzipan for the fam back at home to try. The lady at the store said it should last that long, so hopefully it will :) I didn't buy any knives, but I did get a little necklace from this old man that gave me a discount.


Other exciting news...one of my good friends on the group got her mission call last night so we all went over to her house to hear where she is called. She is going to the Los Angeles, California Mission, Spanish Speaking and she will be serving in the Los Angeles Temple Visitor's Center!!! We were all way excited for her, especially because it is Spanish Speaking! Kiersten is going to be such a great missionary and I am super excited for her!

Then later that night some of us went to a discoteca to dance the night away. It was great fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment