I'm watching the news with Luisa while updating the blog tonight. First of all, let me tell you what happened today. So I woke up at 7:30 to take a shower today before class. After getting out, there was some water on the ground and I didn't really think about it. I cleaned it up and continued to get ready for the day. Then when Lexy got out of the shower, there was water out into the hallway...we didn't know what to do. So we woke up Luisa and were telling her that there is water everywhere. And guess what?! Her floor was covered with water! It was out of control! We were cleaning up water for a while before going to school and her neighbor came to tell us that the water had come through the ceiling of their apartment. How horrible! Luckily another super nice neighbor came and helped us clean up the water. It turns out that the drain was broken in the shower so the water was just staying under the shower and came back up and filled the bathroom, Luisa's room and some of the hallway. It was a super stressful morning and definitely not what I was expecting when I woke up today. But luckily everything has worked out fine and it has been fixed. I'm glad that it wasn't any worse than what happened.
But yesterday, was a super GREAT day! After school and lunch, Lexy and I went to El Parque de Retiro to rent a boat to take out on the lake. It was some of the best 45 minutes. We had some trouble at first getting out of the dock, but we got out and had a great time rowing around and basking in the beauty.
The weather ended up being perfect because there was a nice breeze, but the sun kept us warm.
The ultimate relaxation...
Then the day just kept getting better because we went to see El Rey León in Spanish!!!
Right before we stopped by La Plaza de España, which happens to be one of the first places I went to in Spain with Jessie two years ago. It brought back great memories for me :) There was a market where we got some freshly made roasted sun flower seeds. Super delicious.
I got to sit by Leigh and Carolina for El Rey León. Every time I see this play, I am still just amazed by the costumes and talent of the performers. I loved it in Spanish, although some songs were better in English and some better in Spanish. So much fun overall!
Here are the roasted sunflower seeds. They were a great snack during intermission of the play ;)



oh what fun!!!
ReplyDelete