Thursday, October 20, 2011

Ohhhh Let's Go Fly a Kite!

On Tuesday some of us went to see some Roman ruins right here in Alcala. I discovered that they are super close to my house here, which is kind of cool. But I would definitely have to say that these in no way compare to the ruins in Rome. But it was kind of a funny story because we walked through this fence and dirt field to get to the ruins because we couldn't see the entrance and once we got in, there was a group of archeologists and they were like "hola...how did you get in here" but all in Spanish and we told them that we walked through the open gate and then they told us that we were not supposed to be there and that there was a different entrance. I still snapped a quick picture though :)


Then on Wednesday, Leigh, Me, Michelle, Marcella and Jessie went to the Thyssen Museum which was AWESOME! I really liked it despite having to hurry through the end pieces because the museum was closing. There were works by Degas, Picasso, Manet, Monet, Miro, Caravaggio, Rubens and much more. It was great to see, yet again, some amazing art. It's always inspiring and makes me want to paint afterward.


So worth the 5.50 Euros!


Then we went to El Parque de Retiro because it is right next to all of the museums and it was BEAUTIFUL! The weather has finally cooled down so I got to sport my jacket for the first time...it felt great not to be hot in October finally! And look at the fall leaves! It reminds me of Virginia and is so beautiful! I love the fall. It is the perfect weather to sing "Let's Go Fly a Kite" from Mary Poppins.


Leigh, Me and Michelle:


We went to this rose garden that is inside of the park and it was beautiful as well and smelled great.



It got dark really fast while we were in there


Then we went to see Puerta de Alcala at night because we hear that's when it looks the best. It did look beautiful and it kind of makes me think of the Arc d'Triumph, which I am so excited to see when we go to Paris!


It was a great night with great friends!

1 comment:

  1. I am loving the jacket and scarf! don't you look great!!!
    love you...

    ReplyDelete