Fridays are great because we don't have school, so when we're not traveling to a different part of Spain we have time to explore closer areas like Madrid more. Yesterday I got to check off some of the things on my list of things to do before leaving Spain. First on our itinerary was to have a picnic in el Parque de Retiro. Done! Luisa made me a bocadillo with jamón and cheese. We brought some of the bollo from the day before and yogurt and fruit. We just relaxed for a little while and walked around a little bit.
We saw this man who is obviously loving life as much as we are. He was rollerblading around the circle just dancing and loving life.
In front of one of the many statues in the park.
Then we went to el Museo Prado, which was awesome! We could enter for free because we are students and there is some awesome art in there. We saw Las Meninas by Velázquez, Many works by Goya, Carvaggio, El Greco, Rubens, Raphael, Durer, Titian and more. We both felt edified after spending about 2 hours there. While we were there we ran into Kiersten, Carolina, Marcy and her friend so we decided to leave with them and go get chocolate with churros. We took the metro to Sol, but once we got there Lexy and I realized that we were more hungry for dinner so we got kebabs instead. Eating a doner kebab has been on my list from the beginning because Jessie would always rave about them. I also came to love them when I visited her in Spain. So Lexy and I went to the same Kebab place that I went to on my first night in Spain more than two years ago. Brought back good memories and was still just as delicious.
Me now:
Me 2 years ago at the same place:
crazy how time flies! For instance I only have 2 more months here in Spain! And on Wednesday we are leaving for Valencia and Barcelona...where does the time go?
Also on my list was to find a new dress because I only brought 2 and it is so stinking hot here right now that dresses and skirts are the ideal, so I wanted one more. We went to Sfera and I found a super cute dress and it was on sale for 15 euros so I decided to buy it. When she rung it up, it was only 9.99 euros! Score! Check that off the list as well.





No comments:
Post a Comment