Saturday, September 17, 2011

saltamontes

On Thursday we discovered that Luisa has ice cream in the house. This is kind of dangerous for us because we both love ice cream so much. She cut us off a piece and put it between these two waffle cookies and bam! a delicious ice cream sandwich. 

Also in funny news, Luisa showed us how to make our favorite cake that's called "el bollo" so we could bring it to a birthday party for Emily in our group. While we were learning to make it, I looked up at the ceiling and noticed a large green grasshopper. I showed Lexy and Luisa and Luisa locked us all in the kitchen, covered the cake with a towel and got out a broom. She knocked the grasshopper down and continued to beat it until it was dead. Lexy and I were cracking up because I did not expect this response from Luisa. I thought she might just throw it out the window, but no. She wanted to make sure that it doesn't come back again. Then we finished making the cake and it was a huge hit at the birthday party.


Also, Lexy's singing was also a big hit at the party. This girl has an awesome voice and it was fun to hear her play the guitar too, since I've heard her talk about it.


Also great news, when we came home from the party Luisa told us that she had been bored so she made us another bollo to eat at home :) Perfect! our favorite!

No comments:

Post a Comment