Tuesday night the group went to a ballet performance of Monte Carlo at the Teatro Real in Madrid. We arrived a little early, so Lexy and I went to take some pictures at this incredible view of the Palacio Real.
We drank our chocolate milks on a bench in the beautifulness like really classy Europeans.
This was the chandelier in the Theatre. We were so high up that we were basically at the level of this chandelier. But we could still see and hear well. The ballet was good, but also very interesting...it was kind of like a mix of Sleeping Beauty with some Shrek elements thrown in. For instance, in the summary it talks about how the evil queen was really an ogre and wanted to fulfill her craving of "fresh flesh." I don't remember that happening in the Disney version of Sleeping Beauty. But the compositions created throughout the piece, with the dancers and set, were absolutely stunning. Also I'm always so impressed by the strength and control that a ballet dancer must have. It may not have been my favorite ballet, but I enjoyed the experience.





No comments:
Post a Comment