Thursday, September 1, 2011

Este es vivir.

This is living. Classes ended today at 12:30, so after going home for lunch we met up at the train station with a bunch of people from the group to go to Madrid. But while we were running out the door, we grabbed a piece of apple cake that Luisa had just pulled out of the oven. We wrapped it in tin foil because it was so warm. We ate it while waiting for the bus and the rest of the group to come. We kept saying, "este es vivir," because our lives are seriously so great right now.  


Here are some of the girls while we were waiting at the train station.


We first went to El Parque de Retiro, which is so beautiful!! Alexis and I can't wait to go back after school one day with our lunches packed and we can do our homework out on the grass.

Alexis found this awesome plant that had a beautiful nut inside, which reminded us to not judge a book by its cover, because there could be something beautiful inside. (unfortunately the nut fell into the lake that we went to later. she was kind of sad about it).


Here we are in the park. I love this picture. This park is seriously amazing. Everyone should come see it at some point in their life.


I also enjoyed seeing la policía on horses.


Spain is also awesome because it has so many statues everywhere!


This place was in the park and it was such a cool building! I love all of the glass. It holds different art exhibits and this one was pretty interesting.


here we are inside


But the exhibit was basically this slide that you climb up the stairs and there are videos of a crowd walking. Then you go down the slide (which I really did) and there was music playing throughout the building as well. I'm not really sure what the point of the exhibit was, but I still enjoyed it. 




I remember rowing boats with Jessie here when I came and visited her at the end of her study abroad more than 2 years ago. Crazy how time flies!


I'M IN SPAIN!!




This last picture is for my dad because Jessie took a picture of this same place and he loved it, so I found it again and had to take a picture of it!


There was a protest going on in the street about the economy and amending their constitution, so that was interesting to see. But then we left to come back home before it started to rain hard. Spain is beautiful. I love el parque de retiro and can't wait to go back!! This is the life!

No comments:

Post a Comment