To finish off the posts about this past weekend's trips, here is León. We stopped here on our way home from Oviedo. We had about two hours to walk around and get some food before five more hours in the bus. I really liked León because it was not as touristy and I really liked this cathedral, even though they all pretty much look the same. This one had really really beautiful stained glass windows inside.
Here I am with Leigh and Kiersten in front of the cathedral
Some of the gorgeous stained glass
Even though the camera didn't focus on me, I still really like this picture. I believe that this building used to be a cathedral but is now a really nice hotel. We went inside the lobby and used the bathrooms there, which were nice :)
I hadn't eaten a napolitana de chocolate in any of the places that we visited on this trip, so I thought that I needed to get one here. It was delicious as always and I was super excited!
Leigh and I shared an empanada con queso y jamón before getting on the bus again. It was also super delicious.
Then on the bus ride home I mostly caught up on sleep because I was definitely lacking on this trip. It felt nice to come back "home" if that's what I can call Alcalá now. On Sunday Luisa returned and made us a delicious dinner and has continued to feed us delicious food. Today we introduced her to fry sauce from Utah, because she had made us homemade french fries. She said that she really liked it. Score! Sharing cultures everyday :)







looks so fun! I want to join you!!!
ReplyDelete