Santander was the BEST! It was probably due to the fact that we were at the beach, swimming in the ocean in Spain, on a Thursday instead of going to school. Yeah I'd say it was pretty awesome. The beach was super pretty and the water was chilly at first, the most clear ocean that I've ever swam in, and the waves were fun but not too crazy (like in Delaware). The water was sooooo salty. After I got out of the water, I could see the salt on my swimsuit and my eyes/throat stung a bit but it was definitely worth it!
That building was our hotel...I was so shocked when we pulled up right next to the beach and they said that that was our hotel! I was expecting a hostel where I wouldn't be able to leave my stuff, instead it was super nice and it included a delicious breakfast and it was about 50 feet away from the beach.
Here's the view from my hotel window...pretty awesome!
So excited to be at the beach!
Abby and I wore matching t-shirts without knowing it.
The beach was super crowded with all different people. The beaches here are a lot more liberal and free, for instance most of the children were running around naked and some women were lacking in articles of clothing as well, but that's just how the Europeans do it.
Here I am with Jeannette, Kiersten, and Leigh:
After swimming and lying on the beach for a while, we went back to our hotel to get changed/shower and went out to get some ice cream. We saw a bunch of people with huge ice cream cones so we went to find the place that was selling the greatness. We found it and it was super delicious.
"I'm at the beach in Spain eating delicious helado. Life is great!"
After helado, Leigh, Lexy and I walked around to find somewhere to eat some delicious food. We wanted some authentic seafood because we were at the beach. We stumbled upon this restaurant that served Paella del Mar, so we decided to dine there.
It did not disappoint. Look at that. So delicious!
When we were ordering it, we asked the waitress, just to make sure, if the seafood came from the ocean that was right next to us. She kind of laughed at us and said yes. But we just wanted to make sure we were getting authentic seafood :)
Oh hey little squids!
After eating, we felt like real Spaniards because we stayed and talked after our meal for at least an hour. It was great. Then we walked along the beach at night and attempted to take some jumping pictures.
Overall, Santander is now at the top of my list of memories. I loved it!!











No comments:
Post a Comment