So today after school/lunch a bunch of us went to El Parque Juan Carlos. It was AWESOME! We originally came to rent bikes for free to ride throughout the park, but when we arrived we realized that we needed our passport to rent. So we'll definitely have to go back to ride bikes because it would be perfect for that. Instead, we walked around, played Uno and walked around more. This park is huge and it is filled with really cool, modern sculptures. There are also fountains that lots of kids were running through. Looked like fun!
So excited to be in Spain!
They had this area for the "mayores" to exercise. They had all of these different things to use, for instance this woman is utilizing a pedal while sitting on a bench. I thought it was a genius idea. I wish this park were closer because it took us at least an hour to get there.
There were also awesome playgrounds for kids. I thought that this looked way cool, until I found out that it spins around, which I can't really handle, but lots of other people in the group used it.
There was this one part that was completely just filled with olive trees and people were walking or running through them.
Me, Leigh, Jeannette and Jessie:
Jeannette and I at the river:
There was also this cool building that was kind of like a green house with lots of beautiful plants and a little waterfall.
Basically this whole park was really cool. I thought that the architecture and all of the art was awesome.
I LOVE this sculpture. It really reminds me of one that I made for my 3-D class last semester. I think that fingerprints are so cool.
This last one is blurry because I was walking while I took it, but another example of awesome art.
I'm excited to go back and hopefully we'll be able to ride bikes next time!








what a cool park!!! love you...
ReplyDeleteOoh. I like the olive trees. They are fascinating in so many ways.
ReplyDelete