Monday, September 12, 2011

Oviedo

After sleeping to the sound of the ocean, we got back on the bus on Friday to go to Oviedo. This city is one of the wealthiest cities in Spain. I could definitely see a difference there because they actually had houses instead of just apartments. There were also lots of statues and art everywhere. Here are some pictures from the day.




We had a guided tour that took us to this super old castle. It was 1,200,000 years old if I remember correctly. 


It had a pretty awesome view because it was on the top of a hill.




A picture of the cathedral in Oviedo.


All of the buildings are super pretty and colorful in Oviedo. I loved it. 




That window is filled with sausages...



We tried this pastry, which is typical of the Asturias region that we were in. It was super delicious. It tasted like a mix of pumpkin, coconut and cinnamon. I'd eat it again :)


Overall Oviedo was beautiful and cool to see, but it was hard to compete with the beaches of Santander.

No comments:

Post a Comment